What Britain Needs - Conference 2014
Taking place just six months before the 2015 General Election, Class Conference 2014 - What Britain Needs - promised to ensure the voice of working people was heard in the policy arena. Class was joined by over 60 speakers from across the labour movement to discuss how we can tackle inequalities in wealth and power and sessions covered a broad policy field from education and housing, to arts and culture and greening our economy. Below you can find full details of the event and speakers, photographs from the day, videos, podcasts, discussion papers and your policy suggestions.
Speakers and sessions
- Visit the conference mini-site for full details and biographies of speakers as well as a brief outline of sessions
- Download the conference programme
- Download our guide to sessions, plenaries and debates
Check out photos from the day here
Podcasts and Speeches
You can listen to podcasts of most of the sessions are here
You can read speeches from Dr Kailish Chand and Bernadette Horton by clicking the links below.
- Dr Kailish Chand - Health care isn’t a privilege, it is a fundamental human right
- Bernadette Horton - Time for more working-class women in parliament
Check out a short film of the day here
Live-blog from the day
Check out the highlights from our live blog here
Click here to see what policies delegates thought Britain needs.
- Class Conference 2014: Your policy priorities
- Class Conference 2014: Podcasts
- Time for more working-class women in Parliament
- Health care isn’t a privilege, it is a fundamental human right
- What conference season has told us about political apathy