Housing is a core focus for Class and we are working with a range of academics, experts and housing bodies to develop policy ideas to tackle Britain’s housing crisis and create a fairer system.
A number of projects are underway looking at a national house building strategy, reforming land rights and regulations, housing and communities and tackling the affordable homes crisis.
- Briefing: Spending Review 2015
- Briefing: The Queen’s Speech 2015
- The First 100 Days
- Briefing: Rent control - what is Labour offering?
- Briefing: Extending the right to buy
- Election 2015: What’s at stake for housing?
- Tackling the housing crisis
- The Great British Rip Off
- The role of local government in a modern state
- Why immigration is good for all of us
- In Land Revenue
- The Case for Universalism
- Tackling Squalor
- Time to step in
- Spending review 2015: Your Guide
- Selling off the government’s stake in housing associations is the endgame for social housing
- Why are the Tories so sanguine about adding £60 billion to public debt?
- The new Housing Bill is even worse than expected
- Government throws more money at the housing market – to benefit home buyers
- What does the proposed deal on right to buy mean for social housing?
- How seriously can we take the government’s pledge to build 1 million homes in 5 years?
- My take on what progressive housing policy could look like
- A concrete plan for social housing
- The fight for decent, affordable homes must not be abandoned
- The Queen’s Speech: our panel’s reaction
- Five ways to deal with a full blown Conservative Government
- First 100 Days - Investing in a Future for Young People
- Labour and Conservatives: the manifestos
- At the core of Tory policy is a desire to shift publicly-owned housing into private hands
- Housing will be one of the biggest issues facing the country at the General Election
- The collapse of housing supply has forced many to breaking point
- The advantages of a new house building programme are enormous
- We need a government that will fight for our future
- Why we need rent control
- Will the new stamp duty actually cost you more?
- Lyons does 90% of the job
- The Bedroom tax by numbers
- Fighting austerity: why we need to talk about human rights
- What to make of the IPPR report
- The housing crisis could become a disaster. Time for intervention
- Why immigration is good for all of us
- Mutual Housing Offers More than Markets
- The market is broken
- The case for a Land Value Tax
- The bedroom tax - a prime example that class politics are still relevant
- Reviving the Beveridge vision of a Social State
- It’s time to remortgage - put rents to use on a new wave of council house building
- Social State: The return of squalor
- Time to step in to build the homes we need
- Our young people deserve a secure future
- The housing crisis will not be solved by selling the homes of low-income families
- Radical change is needed to tackle the housing crisis
- Election 2015: Newcastle - What’s at stake for housing?
- Class Conference 2013: Leading the Debate
- Post-Election Public Debate
- TUC Congress 2014: Challenging Power, Raising Living Standards
- Labour Party Conference 2014: What Britain Needs
- TUC Congress 2013: Achieving a Social State
- Labour Party Conference 2013: Achieving a Social State
- A think tank for working people: Class Yorkshire Launch
- A think tank for working people: Class North West Launch
- GMB Congress 2013: Why is Class such an important GMB investment?
- Read all about the Class Election 2015 Series: What’s at stake?
- Class Conference 2014: The Film
- Class Conference 2014: The Photos
- Class Conference 2014: The Highlights
- We hear your views on the living standards crisis in advance of our regional tour of events
- Class at conference season: Submit your events for our Progressive Guide to Labour Party Conference
- Leading progressives put forward far-reaching policies for the first 100 days of government
- Centre for Labour and Social Studies (Class) responds to Labour’s Youth Manifesto
- Conservative plans to extend Right-to-Buy to housing associations will intensify housing crisis
- Policy experts say housing must dominate Labour’s election manifesto
- Think tank calls for a radical rethink of the role of local government
- Class launches new policy library resource for trade unions and researchers
- Class holds North West launch & commits to giving working people in the UK a strong political voice
- Challenging vested interests in land must be central to tackling the housing crisis
- The housing crisis – Time for a heavy dose of realism
- Zoe Williams paper launches new Class series – A Social State for 2015
- Shadow Housing Minister Jack Dromey MP responds to Policy Exchange call for sale of social housing