Housing is a core focus for Class and we are working with a range of academics, experts and housing bodies to develop policy ideas to tackle Britain’s housing crisis and create a fairer system.
A number of projects are underway looking at a national house building strategy, reforming land rights and regulations, housing and communities and tackling the affordable homes crisis.
- Housing will be one of the biggest issues facing the country at the General Election
- The collapse of housing supply has forced many to breaking point
- The advantages of a new house building programme are enormous
- We need a government that will fight for our future
- Why we need rent control
- Will the new stamp duty actually cost you more?
- Lyons does 90% of the job
- The Bedroom tax by numbers
- Fighting austerity: why we need to talk about human rights
- What to make of the IPPR report
- The housing crisis could become a disaster. Time for intervention
- Why immigration is good for all of us
- Mutual Housing Offers More than Markets
- The market is broken
- The case for a Land Value Tax
- The bedroom tax - a prime example that class politics are still relevant
- Reviving the Beveridge vision of a Social State
- It’s time to remortgage - put rents to use on a new wave of council house building
- Social State: The return of squalor
- Time to step in to build the homes we need
- Our young people deserve a secure future
- The housing crisis will not be solved by selling the homes of low-income families
- Radical change is needed to tackle the housing crisis
- Election 2015: Newcastle - What’s at stake for housing?
- Class Conference 2013: Leading the Debate
- TUC Congress 2014: Challenging Power, Raising Living Standards
- Labour Party Conference 2014: What Britain Needs
- TUC Congress 2013: Achieving a Social State
- Labour Party Conference 2013: Achieving a Social State
- A think tank for working people: Class Yorkshire Launch
- A think tank for working people: Class North West Launch
- GMB Congress 2013: Why is Class such an important GMB investment?
- Read all about the Class Election 2015 Series: What’s at stake?
- Class Conference 2014: The Film
- Class Conference 2014: The Photos
- Class Conference 2014: The Highlights
- We hear your views on the living standards crisis in advance of our regional tour of events
- Class at conference season: Submit your events for our Progressive Guide to Labour Party Conference
- Policy experts say housing must dominate Labour’s election manifesto
- Think tank calls for a radical rethink of the role of local government
- Class launches new policy library resource for trade unions and researchers
- Class holds North West launch & commits to giving working people in the UK a strong political voice
- Challenging vested interests in land must be central to tackling the housing crisis
- The housing crisis – Time for a heavy dose of realism
- Zoe Williams paper launches new Class series – A Social State for 2015
- Shadow Housing Minister Jack Dromey MP responds to Policy Exchange call for sale of social housing