Inequality: The Price of Austerity
The Case for Fair Pay
This PCS report provides high-level, compelling evidence in support of their 2012 pay demands:-
- An end to the pay freeze/ pay cap policy
- No pension contribution increases
- Pay progression is a right for all
- National pay bargaining, not local pay
- That equality concerns should be the central principle on which pay systems are based and assessed.
It also exposes the inequality that has been a direct result of the Coalition Government's austerity programme and shows how implementing fair pay would go a long way in helping promote equality.