Leeds - Defeating austerity, free trade deals and attacks on trade union rights
Supported by Class and others including the Morning Star, the Institute of Employment Rights, War on Want and People's Assembly, and called for by the Campaign for Trade Union Freedom, join us in Leeds to hear employment experts and trade union activists discuss the future of the union movement.
As we hurtle towards the general election two things are clear – austerity must go and so must this Coalition government. But what will replace them? We don’t want austerity lite. Nor do we want a shadow of the current coalition. And we don’t want secretive free trade deals that bind us to policies democratically rejected by voters. Trade unions are traditionally at the forefront of these demands – which is why they are repeatedly under attack. We want politicians who inspire and policies that work for the people. We want an end to attacks on trade unions and their members. Join the rally and show your support. Another world is possible.
- Karen H. Reay, Regional Secretary, North East, Yorkshire and Humberside, Unite;
- Bill Adams, Northern Secretary, TUC;
- Cathy Cross, Campaigns Officer, PCS;
- John Hendy QC, Chair, IER;
- John Hiliary, Director, War on Want;
- Veronica King, Labour PPC for Elmet & Rothwell, Leeds;
- Tim Roache, Class President and Regional Officer, GMB;
- Harry Leslie Smith, Author of ‘Harry’s Last Stand’.