Raquel is the lead researcher on our new Race and Class narrative project. Joining in June 2018 to organise and run the CLASS Bootcamp programme and contribute to a variety of research and policy projects, including the Labour Market Realities 2020 and leading on the Progressive Toolkit.
Previously, Raquel worked at Independent Diplomat, where she contributed to their policy for several climate negotiations and conducted research and policy analysis on projects in the Republic of Somaliland, Western Sahara and more. Also, she worked at 4in10 Child Poverty Campaigning Network to encourage grassroots organisations to engage in local politics.
Raquel holds a BA in Philosophy from Kings College London, specialising in historical and contemporary political philosophy. Her dissertation was a philosophical examination of workers’ rights in the context of the privatisation of the NHS and the impact of the 2016 contract on junior NHS doctors. Raquel is currently studying a MRes in politics at Birkbeck University.
T: 020 7611 2571
- The UK Race Class Narrative Report (17 May 2022)
- Briefing: Chancellor’s Summer Statement (10 Jul 2020)
- Coronavirus and the Workers Emergency: Labour Market Realities 2020 (17 May 2020)
- Workers and Covid-19 (20 Mar 2020)
- Guide to the Labour Manifesto 2019 (29 Nov 2019)
- Labour vs Conservative Manifestos (28 Nov 2019)
- Progressive Toolkit (15 Nov 2019)
- Tips for Communicating (1 Nov 2019)
- Queen’s Speech Briefing 2019 (14 Oct 2019)
- The Progressive Toolkit: A Guide to Talking About the Issues We Care About (20 Sep 2019)
- Molly-Mae and the Myth of Meritocracy (7 Jan 2022)
- The Barrier To Change Is Believing It Is Possible (10 Dec 2019)
- Alarm Bells Ring: Citizens Advice Warns of £19bn of Household Debt (30 Aug 2018)