High Pay Centre
In 2015 Stefan was appointed director of the High Pay Centre, which monitors the issue of excessive pay at the top of businesses and organisations.
In October 2010 Stefan was appointed visiting professor in management practice at the Cass Business School, London. He is a Fellow of the RSA and contributing editor at Management Today magazine. He writes regularly for the FT, The Guardian and International Business Times.
Stefan has been writing and commenting on business and management for over two decades. He began his journalistic career at Euromoney, the financial publisher, where he became editor of Corporate Finance magazine. His next job was as features writer for International Management magazine, after which he joined the BBC, where he worked as a researcher for The Money Programme.
After the BBC he was head of media relations for The Industrial Society (now The Work Foundation), for three years, prior to returning to journalism as features editor of Management Today magazine. After a year on a management web site, FTdynamo.com, in 2001, he worked as a freelance management writer for several years, before becoming the Financial Times’s management columnist in early 2006. He wrote that column for over four years before joining Edelman in August 2010 as its new director of strategy. He left Edelman in July 2013 to return to full-time writing.
- Fat Cat Pay is Not An Act of God - It’s a Choice Made by Financial Elites (3 Jan 2018)
- Budget 2014: Our panellists give their reaction (20 Mar 2014)
- Inequality – not just bad, it’s bad economics too (3 Mar 2014)
- A recovery that is still in recovery (17 Feb 2014)
- Where are the stories about in-work poverty? (16 Jan 2014)
- Responses to the Autumn Statement (6 Dec 2013)
- A budget speech of a chancellor who is trapped (22 Mar 2013)
- Class politics and the media - breaking through the barriers (28 Feb 2013)