Professor Diane Reay
Diane Reay is Professor of Education at Cambridge University.
Diane is a sociologist working in the area of education and has expertise in education policy, gender, race and ethnicity, social class theory and primary and higher education.
Her priority has been to engage in research with a strong social justice agenda that addresses social inequalities of all kinds. Consequently, her research areas are as diverse as boys' underachievement, Black supplementary schooling, higher education access, female management in schools, and pupil peer group cultures.
As well as being an executive editor of the British Journal of Sociology of Education, Diane is on the editorial boards of Gender and Education, the Journal of Education Policy and Sociology.
- What would a socially just education system look like? (19 Jul 2012)
- CLASS Panel Reacts to the 2018 Budget (29 Oct 2018)
- The Problem With GCSEs (22 Aug 2018)
- The Stakes: Education (9 May 2017)
- Grammar schools segregate children by social class (19 Oct 2015)
- Social State: Reclaiming Education for All (27 Nov 2012)