Frances O’Grady is the General Secretary of the TUC. Before this she was Deputy General Secretary with lead responsibility for policy development over a wide range of areas including trade union recruitment and organisation, industrial policy, the environment, and fair pay. Frances sits on the National Advisory Panel of CLASS.
Previously Frances ran the TUC's Organisation and Services Department, covering employment rights, learning and skills, health and safety, and the regions, and before that headed up the New Unionism project and launched the TUC Organising Academy. Frances joined the TUC as Campaigns Officer from the TGWU where she worked on social justice and equality issues.
Frances represents the TUC on the Low Pay Commission, the High Pay Commission and the Commission on Living Standards. She is involved with a number of think tanks, including the Institute of Public Policy Research.
- The Trade Union Bill: Our Panel’s Reaction (16 Sep 2015)
- The Queen’s Speech: our panel’s reaction (27 May 2015)
- VIDEO: The Great British Rip Off (9 Apr 2014)
- Why soaring wage inequality in the UK should worry everyone (27 Mar 2014)
- Households are being excluded from the benefits of growth (12 Nov 2013)
- The Austerity Strategy Has Failed - March for A Future That Works (19 Oct 2012)