University and College Union
Sally Hunt is the General Secretary of the University and College Union (UCU) – the world’s largest post-16 education trade union.
Sally’s first job in the trade union movement was a senior research officer with the financial trade union now known as Accord. Following that she was assistant general secretary of the Nationwide Group Staff Union.
In 1995 Sally joined the Association of University Teachers as assistant general secretary. She was elected its general secretary 2002 and led the union through a merger with the National Association of Teachers in Further and Higher Education which formed UCU.
Sally is the TUC's spokesperson on international issues and represents the TUC at the European Trade Union Confederation and International Trade Union Confederation. She is a patron of War on Want.
- Taylor Review of Modern Working Practices: Our Panel Reacts (11 Jul 2017)
- Spring Budget 2017: Our Panel Reacts (9 Mar 2017)
- The mountain of student debt weighing on our young people may soon get even bigger. (25 Jul 2016)
- This is why lecturers at further education colleges are striking (10 Nov 2015)
- The marketisation of education is destroying our universities (11 Dec 2013)