Prof Malcolm Sawyer
Leeds University Business School
Malcolm Sawyer is Emeritus Professor of Economics at the Leeds University Business School, the Managing Editor of International Review of Applied Economics and Principal Investigator for a 5 year, 15 partner research project
Financialisation, Economy, Society and Sustainable Development.
Malcolm has authored 11 books and edited over 25 books including the recent co-edited with Philip Arestis, New Economics as Mainstream Economics and 21st Century Keynesian Economics. He has also published over 100 papers in refereed journals including papers on fiscal policies, alternative monetary policies, path dependency, public private partnerships and conceptualising labour supply and unemployment. His forthcoming publication is on the Economic and Monetary Union.
- Fiscal Austerity to Economic Renewal (19 Nov 2017)
- The ‘budget surplus’ rule scam (7 Jul 2015)
- Fiscal austerity (21 May 2012)
- Making The Case For Public Investment (20 Nov 2019)
- George Osborne’s ‘budget surplus’ rule is ill-defined and unenforceable (7 Jul 2015)